Monday, October 6, 2008

Music

Hello all ! First of all, I want to apologize to all of you for posting too late. It’s my fault. I won’t do it again. ;)


What is the music?

Well, everyone has their own answers. Wikipedia says that, music is an art form in which the medium is sound organized in time. Common elements of music are pitch, rhythm, dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. It is a definition of music but it can be different.

As for me, music is always with me. Every morning, I happily wake up with the music of my alarm clock. After washing, eating and getting ready to go to school, I leave my home with my I Pod. I listen to my most favorite songs while I walk. During the whole busy day, I listen to many kinds of music everywhere. In the evening, after dinner, I also listen to music on TV, computer and radio.

Music can make me feel sorrowful, cheerful and lively. I like to listen to light music when I have some trouble or feel sad whereas I like to listen to quick and heavy music when I need energy. I always admire the talent of great composers and artists. I always wonder how they could compose that great melodies which can make people feel something special.

So do you love music? Have you ever felt much better after listening to music when you were sad ? Have you ever felt more energetic after listening to your favorite melody?
Everyone will answer “Yes”, I think. But everyone defines music differently. Everyone has different thoughts about it. Even the sound of wind can be considered as music. Music can be anything, if only you consider it as music.

No matter how you define the music, I am sure that It can give you everything. Life is full of wonderful things and if you can find and get it, your life will be full of happiness and wonderful things too. And remember, one of them is the MUSIC.

Here I have some interesting quotes and sayings about music. Please enjoy it.



  • Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven

  • You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot

  • Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo

  • I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality. ~H.A. Overstreet

  • He who sings scares away his woes. ~Cervantes

  • Music is what feelings sound like. ~Author Unknown

  • Music is the poetry of the air. ~Richter

  • There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is. ~William P. Merrill

4 comments:

  1. Nice article! thanks for interesting quotes. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you teacher !
    I'll be happy if you guys like my article. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your thoughts about music, because i do love music, especially classic music. I believe that one's understanding of music defines one's talent or ability. :) keep posting!!! ur english writing skill is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree with u, I love music even if loud music is sometimes annoying, but sometimes! hehe I liked it.

    ReplyDelete